Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I slept late...how'd that happen?

Wow. I actually slept till a little after 9. I woke up around 4 and was actually sleepy so I went back to sleep and voila! I really don't know how to respond to this. Do I eat breakfast or wait for lunch? When I sat down at the computer while ago I intended to check for facebook messages and go eat Cheerios. I hadn't counted on Bracket Madness. I filled out my bracket with some trepidation and submitted it. Then it asks if you want to invite your friends....IDK. Is it annoying, will they feel obligated or think it is silly? I really worry a lot about what other people think. I am way more like my mother than my father. My mother and her whole family were very private and low profile. Anyone that knows my Dad knows that he is the polar opposite. He would invite every facebook friend and everyone else's facebook friend. Anyway....I really haven't watched enough college basketball to be confident of my picks. Getting back to my diversion, after filling out the brackets, facebook poker decided to give me a 1000 free chips in honor of St. Paddy's day. Of course I had to take those, play for 30 minutes, run everyone off the table, announce my presence with authority and run away.
Now, blogging in my bare feet, freezing my patooties off, I am retreating to the blanket and the couch for brunch with Cherrios and a banana. Since it is brunch I may throw in a couple of peanut butter crackers. Do you think that would be too ostentatious? You know how I worry what others think.
Beef/JG

1 comment:

  1. Love the use of the word "ostentatious"... Excellent job, dear dad.
    And, no, I think peanut butter crackers are a perfect way to punctuate a brunch of cheerios with bananas, otherwise its just breakfast! And, may I suggest Mom's Ritz crackers with peanut butter? I don't know what it is about her touch but no one can slather peanut butter between two Ritz crackers better than that woman. She's amazing.

    ReplyDelete